Portable Toilets Ottawa | Toddy’s Potties Portable Sanitation
We checked out all of our suppliers before we committed to our relationship with Polyportables. We wanted to make sure that we could offer our clients the best portable sanitation units available and portable toilets in Ottawa and we know we have found it.
- Large Units – tall enough to accommodate everyone.
- Large doorways allow for ease of access.
- Aesthetically pleasing – Light tan, silver, blue, and brown colours.
- Our units can be ordered with a sink installed or with an antibacterial hand cleaner station. Your customers will appreciate your consideration with the choice or portable toilet.
Why Choose Toddy’s Potties for Portable Toilets in Ottawa?
Toddy’s Potties has been providing portable toilets services to our customers in the Ottawa region for over 20 years. We are committed to providing excellent customer service and accomodating their requirements for clean, spacious, and affordable portable toilets in Ottawa.
- Parties, weddings, fundraisers, fairs etc.
- Golf Courses, riding facilities, campgrounds etc.
Long term Rentals (Regular service)
- Construction, home building etc.
- Floods, hydro outages, site clean ups etc.
How many portable toilet units do I need?
The number of portable toilet units needed for a special event fluctuates widely. It can be highly dependant on the number of people and the duration of the event – from a garden party to a community festival.
There is no absolute formula for determining how many portable toilets you will need. We can best estimate based on how long your function will be, how many people will attend, and if there is alcohol involved. Our experience will enable us to give a reliable estimate and quote for your event to ensure the appropriate amount of portable toilets are reserved.
These are the classic “out-house” portable toilet units with a solid plastic construction. These units can have either a urinal or wash station installed.
Mirrors, sink with soap and towelling; and yes there is a hook to hang your coat on.
With all the comforts of home they are silver in colour and rented out only for weddings, anniversaries and VIP events where a high quality portable toilet is needed.
Enhanced Access Potties
We supply enhanced access portable toilet units that conform to all regulations, with rails and ramp.
Fresh Start Showers
We supply PolyPortables Fresh Start Showers for customers looking for a single-unit shower.
Portable Toilets for Small Events (less than 50 people)
Use the table below to calculate how many portable toilet units you will need for your event or function. For larger crowds please use the table below this one to accurately calculate the number of portable toilets you require.
|# of people||Recommended Number of Units|
Over 40 – 1 additional facility for each 10 additional people is recommended.
Portable Toilets for Large Events
Use the table below to calculate how many units you will need for your event or function. For crowds in excess of 10,000 attendees, we recommend you contact us for an estimate.
|# of People||Average Daily Hours of Event or Function|
|1 hr.||2 hrs.||3 hrs.||4 hrs.||5 hrs.||6 hrs.||7 hrs.||8 hrs.||9 hrs.||10 hrs.|
Portable Toilets for Public Events
An event with an attendance of 5000 people might not require 50 units. Fair, festivals and outdoor events that take place over one or two days have a moveable, temporary crowd, with peak attendance perhaps at 3000 at any one time. However, be sure to include the workers and concession staff present at the event in your estimate.
Portable Toilets for Overnight Events
Where overnight camping is in place, and people are eating three meals a day on site, requirements will be higher, and service may be needed each night.
Portable Sanitation Tips
- One portable sanitation unit provides approx. two hundred (200) uses.
- We recommend 1 hand wash station for roughly every 6 units.
- You should have the sinks outside if possible to alleviate the line-ups.
- Alcohol consumption makes a difference. Consider this when calculating number of required units.
- Keep in mind most people urinate every 2-3 hours.
- You may have a line-up problem during peak periods (i.e. intermissions or after a meal).
- Garbage receptacles should be provided outside so that all those water bottles and beer cans don’t end up in the tank.
- Women typically take twice as long as men, so if you have them gender labelled, take this into consideration. (Designate 2 out of 3 units as ladies use).
A Note About Budgets for Portable Toilets Ottawa
It’s understandable that you have budget considerations, but keep in mind that it is better to have too many units rather than too few. An emergency call-out to service your toilets in the evening may be more costly than one or two extra units for the duration of the event.